Monday, January 26, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Hands are not only susceptible to the first signs of aging; they often age faster than the face because the skin on the back of the hand is much thinner than facial skin. Aveda’s best selling Hand Relief body care family is here to lend a hand with products, experiences and professional treatments that help your hands stay hydrated, healthy and youthful.
Shake hands with Hand Relief Night Renewal Serum
Restorative treatment serum that helps improve the texture and tone of hands, visibly reduce the appearance of dark spots and fine, dry lines and address signs of aging.
- Molasses and licorice extracts help even skin tone over time
- Hydrating plant blend including andiron oil, glycerin and organic castor oil plumps and volumizes skin to help smooth fine lines
- Salicylic acid refines skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth
Now raise a fist, and fight skin aging with these simple tips:
- Protect your hands fro UVA/UVB exposure, and quit smoking. These things lead to lines. wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and more serious consequences
- Incorporate a rainbow of fruits and vegetables i your diet—like orange squash, green broccoli and purple berries—to ensure you get the full range of anti-oxidants, which research shows protect skin from sun damage.
- Drink at least 60 ounces of water a day to maintain the skin’s moisture level.
- Moisturize your hands with Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme regularly, especially after contact with water, soaps and detergents, which cause skin dryness.
- Treat you hands with Hand Relief Night Renewal Serum every night before bed, and let Hand Relief work for you 24-7.
Sunday, January 11, 2015
- Think positively
- Avoid your powerless food/drink
- Avoid eating late at night
- Don’t become obsessed with the scale
- Journal what you eat
- Read food labels
- Be consistent
- Be realistic
- Think about consequences
- Listen to your body.
- Use hunger and fullness cues to recognize when to eat and when you’ve had enough.
- Make yourself a priority.
- Remember, you ALWAYS have choices.
- Get to know the foods you eat.
- Take your time, be mindful to eat slowly.
- If you eat out, choose healthier options.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way.
- Indulge in a naturally sweet dessert dish—fruit!
- Choose to eat some foods more or less often.
- Choose more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or 1% milk and dairy products. Cut back on foods high in solid fats, added sugars, and salt.
- Compare the foods you eat to the foods you need to eat.
- Treats are great once in a while. Just don’t make treat foods an everyday choice. Limit sweet treats to special occasions.
- Start with a protein, add a wholegrain, and finish it off with a fabulous fruit treat. The nutrients in produce help fight cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure and the effects of aging. Eat green (broccoli), red (tomato), orange (cantaloupe), yellow (squash), and purple (grapes)