Lemons many applications make it one of the most useful essential oils to have on hand. The fresh, zesty aroma is refreshing, while the powerful antioxidant d-limonene supports a healthy immune system. Lemon’s benefits play a important role in NingXia Red, Young Living’s super fruit supplement.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
There are many ways to keep your feet healthy. Remember, your feet are what lug you throughout your day and your life as well as most of us should respect them.
* Natural foot scrub– Take a 1/8 of tsp of lavender combined with 2 tablespoons of olive oil as well as 1 cup of kosher salt. Place the scrub all over your feet, especially focusing on the heels.
* Sugary sweet foot scrub– Take 1/4 cup of sugar, 15 decreases of eucalyptus oil, 1/4 cup of almond oil, and also some of your preferred moisturizer if preferred. Wash thoroughly in a foot saturate first as well as in the shower or bathtub afterwards.
* Foot smoothie– Mix oatmeal, olive oil, cooking soda, and water with each other to develop a paste that will offer your injured warriors a great deal of dampness. Merely spread the paste all over your feet, rinse well and also rub completely dry. Put moisturizer and also cotton socks on overnight and also your feet will feel smooth and soft in the morning.
Soak Your Tootsies
Occasionally you might not be in the mood or have the time to do an all-out foot scrub, so saturating your tired tootsies is good sufficient.
* Include 1/2 cup of cooking soda and also 1/2 cup of Epsom salts to a container of very warm water. Saturate your feet for as long as you like. You will observe that your feet will be invigorated as well as refreshed instantaneously.
Keeping the skin on your feet healthy and balanced and delighted keeps that peppy bounce in your step all throughout the hazy days of summer.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
1. Using Conditioner From The Roots To The Tips
The majority of people will apply conditioner to the whole head as they would their shampoo: starting from the roots and working their way through to the tips.
However, the hair that is at the roots is new and free from damage; it is the tips of your hair that you need to concentrate on where dryness and damage are regularly found. Apart from saving on conditioner, if you apply conditioner to just the tips, you will save the roots from looking lank and greasy.
A better way: Use conditioner sparingly, starting at the ears and working your way to the tips. This way you hair will be less greasy and will have more volume too.
2. Applying Foundation Without Giving Enough Time For Your Moisturizer To Dry
When you apply moisturizer to the skin, you need to give it ample time to soak in before you go on to apply a foundation. Applying your foundation too soon can lead to blotchiness, limited coverage and a generally thin appearance.
A better way: Wait just one minute after applying your moisturizer before you go ahead and apply your foundation. If you are in a hurry, simply blot away excess moisture with a tissue.
3. Plucking Eyebrows Close Up To The Mirror
When you are too close to the mirror, you will be concentrating on the individual hairs you are plucking and not on the shape of your brow. This can result in uneven or over plucked brows.
A better way: Find a large mirror that is near to a window or door, and look at your face and then step back.
You need to ensure that your brows fit correctly on your face and that they are in proportion too. Move close up to the mirror and begin plucking, stepping back after every two or three hairs to ensure you are keeping the symmetry and position of your brows perfect.
4. Forgetting About Your Neck
When you are carrying out your beauty treatment on your face, don’t simply stop at your chin. Your neck is a very sensitive area too and one that can be prone to wrinkles and changes in pigment and texture too.
A better way: When you are applying a sun cream to your face, ensure that you do not just carry on to your neck, but that you cover your chest too. (Also ensure that you do not miss the back of your hands.)
Forget about separate creams for the neck. Your general moisturizer for your face will work on your neck and you can forget specially marketed products for your neck.
5. Spraying On Perfume After You Are Dressed
Perfume can damage fabric, causing it to stain and smell unpleasant. The fragrance in your perfume is designed for skin contact, where it will interact with the heat of the body.
A better way: Apply your perfume to your “pulse points” before you get dressed, but avoid rubbing your wrists together as this action will break down the molecular structure of your favorite scent.
6. Trying To Reduce Puffiness Around The Eyes With Moisturizer
Fluid retention around the eyes can be due to many things, one common one being a diet that is high in salt.
A better way: When you eyes look puffy but are not itchy or irritated in any way, use ice or a cold compress for around 15 minutes. Waldorf also suggests an eye gel that contains caffeine. If you can detect signs of irritation, always seek the advice of a dermatologist.
7. Staying Under The Shower Or In The Tub Until You Are Squeaky Clean
When you stay under the shower for too long, or scrub too much, you will be stripping your body of its natural oils and the moisture that protects your hair and skin.
A better way: Look at what products you have for shower time. Lukewarm water, limiting showers to ten minutes, and stopping the use of medicated shampoos or loofahs that can damage and dry your skin and hair.
8. Putting Too Much Cream On Blemishes
When you have a breakout, it is a natural reaction to blast it with spot cream at least once if not twice. Too much spot cream will leave your skin feeling dry and irritated due to acids in the cream that penetrate the skin.
A better way: Avoid drying out your skin by following the instructions on your spot cream and limit your doses to twice a day.
Frankincense essential oil has an earthy balsamic aroma that is highly revered for its ability to increase feelings of spirituality and inner strength.
Common Primary uses: Arthritis, Asthma, confusion, coughs, depression, skin infections, inflammation, laryngitis, mental fatigue, moles, scarring ulcers, warts, and wrinkles.
- Apply 1-2 drops to the face and neck to minimize visual blemishes and add a healthy looking glow.
- Diffuse to enrich prayer, yoga, or meditation for a deeper spiritual connection.
- Apply 2-4 drops to moisturize dry skin.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Becoming eco-friendly is definitely the way to go these days. You might think caring for the environment is limited to recycling and household products, but the truth is you can make changes in all parts of your routine to reduce your footprint on the planet. That does, of-course, include your beauty care.
There are several small steps you can make that will have a big impact on Mother Earth. Adjusting your buying routines and beauty habits will help keep our planet green, and quite often saves you money.
Start with your water usage
Water is one of the most wasted natural resources on the planet. When you think about it, water is used quite a bit in your beauty care routine. Washing your face, washing your hands, showers, baths and hair washing use up a lot of H2O.